The Amazing Dr. SeussDr. Seuss (Theodor Seuss Geisel) and his children's books have had a lasting impact on children's literature. If you'd like to know more about this extraordinary man and his books, from his groundbreaking beginning readers The Cat in the Hat and Green Eggs and Ham to his extraordinary picture books, take a look the resources listed below:
Theodor Seuss Geisel
- Hooray for Dr. Seuss! – Brief biography of Theodor Seuss Geisel, mostly commonly known as Dr. Seuss
- What's the Connection Between Theodor Geisel, Dr. Seuss and Theo. Lesieg? – Answer to a frequently asked question
Dr. Seuss Books
- Favorite Picture Books and Beginning Readers by Dr. Seuss – Cover art and brief overview of ten Dr. Seuss favorites, including The Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs and Ham, Horton Hears a Who!, The Lorax, and Oh, the Places You'll Go!
- Your Favorite Seuss: A Baker's Dozen by the One and Only Dr. Seuss - Cover art and book review of this collection of 13 Dr. Seuss stories, which includes an introductory essay for each and biographical information about the author
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas! A 50th-Anniversary Retrospective – Brief review and cover art of special edition of Dr. Seuss's classic story of the Grinch
- The King's Stilts - Re-released in honor of its 75th anniversary, a delightful Dr. Seuss picture book, featuring a satisfying story written in prose and a limited color palette.
Related Dr. Seuss Features
- The Theodor Seuss Geisel Award - Information about the annual award for beginning reader books, including a list of current and past winners
- Dr. Seuss Author Profile Video - Brief About.com video narrated by author Anita Silvey
- Green Eggs and Ham Cookbook – Review of a children’s cookbook based on Dr. Seuss books
- What is Read Across America and what does it have to do with Dr. Seuss? – Answer to why schools across America celebrate Dr. Seuss’s birthday on March 2nd