I was a little worried that the Green Eggs and Ham Cookbook, with recipes inspired by Dr. Seuss, would emphasize humor more than good recipes. I am happy to report I was wrong. The book's introduction states, "It was important to us that the recipes in the Green Eggs and Ham Cookbook be not only Seussian, zany, and fun, but also deliciously good and healthy, too." And that's what the Green Eggs and Ham Cookbook provides - a delightful combination of Dr. Seuss humor and good recipes.
The Creators of the CookbookThe recipes in the Green Eggs and Ham Cookbook were "concocted" by Georgeanne Brennan. Brennan is an award-winning author of cookbooks who operates a cooking school in southern France. Frankie Frankeny, the food-and-wine photographer who did the photography for the Star Wars Cookbook, did the photography. Each recipe is accompanied by the quotation from a Dr. Seuss' book on which the recipe is based, along with illustrations from the book.
The Contents of the Green Eggs and Ham CookbookThe cookbook, which is designed to be used by adults and children working together, is divided into six sections, with five to nine recipes in each:
- Breakfast featuring Green Eggs and Ham, Flapjack Flapper's Flapjacks, among other breakfast delights
- Beverages including Silly Sammy's Slick Sodas and Circus McGurkus Pink Lemonade
- Lunch Cat's Mac and Cheese and Daisy-Head Maysie Burger are among the treats
- Snacks Schlottz's Knots are my favorite
- Dinner choices include Skipper Zipp's Chops and Chips and Yot in the Pot
- Desserts delectable desserts include Sneetch Treats and Who Pudding.