How many different editions and formats are available of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
, the sixth book in the series of children’s books by J.K. Rowling that have become equally popular with adults? From the different formats of Harry Potter 6 to the different covers for the children’s and adult versions of the books in the UK to the audiobook and deluxe edition, here’s information about the English language versions of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
- The book's American publisher, Scholastic, Inc. announced a first printing of 10.8 million copies of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in the U.S. by its imprint Arthur A. Levine Books. On July 16, 2005, the book were released in the United States, Britain, Canada and Australia.
- In addition to releasing the regular 652-page hardcover edition of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince on July 16, Scholastic also released a deluxe edition. The book, which has a handsome slipcase, features “…a 32-page insert on special paper at the end of the book featuring near scale reproductions of Mary GrandPré's interior art, as well as a never-before-seen piece of full-color-art for the frontispiece” (Scholastic).
- The regular edition of the sixth book in the Harry Potter series is 672 pages, while the deluxe edition also includes the 32-page insert.
- The cover art for the Scholastic editions was created by Mary GrandPré, who also created the cover art for the Scholastic editions of the first five books in the series.
- Jason Cockcroft created the cover art for the Bloomsbury children's edition of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- The cover art for the Bloomsbury adult edition was created from a photograph by Michael Wildsmith.
- The audiobook of the sixth Harry Potter book was also released on July 16, 2005. The audiobook, available in CD or cassette versions, is narrated by Jim Dale, the voice of the previous five Harry Potter audiobooks. The audiobook versions of the series are also available through Apple Computer for download on iPods.
- Scholastic and the National Braille Press, a nonprofit braille printing and publishing house, collaborated on the braille edition of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
- The large print edition of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was released by Thorndike Press in August 2005.
- There are no plans for an eBook version of Harry Potter 6.
- The paperback version of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was released on July 25, 2006.
Your options include:
- The regular hardcover edition (compare prices),
- The deluxe edition (compare prices),
- The audiobook on cassette tape,
- The audiobook on CD (compare prices),
- The audiobook series for download on your iPod,
- The paperback edition (compare prices),
- The braille edition, and
- The large print edition.
Let me know what version or format you buy and what you think of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
by posting a message on the About Children's Books Forum